Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Amsterdam 6/4/10

What a totally different experience.  Amsterdam doesn’t seem like a “city” like London or Paris.  No real famous buildings or sculptures, the appeal is of course the sex and drugs.  What else is the laid back style the Dutch people have.  The park close to my hostel is teeming with people: playing catch, having a picnic, etc.  Now I can really start to feel myself pacing just about right and taking time to enjoy the city.
So far, first night I had a “space cake” which after 5 dissappointing hours, hit me like a brick.  I saw a BOOM Chicago improv show, saw the Heineken experience…Today I might do the Van Gogh museum and the Rijkesmuseum.  I also did a free walking tour which I loved and hope to do in other cities.
Shit!  Amsterdam is expensive.  I am way over budget.  It’s impossible to spend less than €80 a day.  Well, I decided to add Eastern European countries to the tour in hopes that they’ll be cheaper and balance out the expensive places like Amsterdam, London, and Copenhagen.
Keep on losing my shit.  I may even have lost that little dog, Helena.  Shit, shit, shit.  I’m also sunburnt.  Lost the phone charger.  I’m fucked.  Shit. Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment