Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Barcelona 8/23/10

Whoa, I’m super late writing about Barcelona but here goes: so awesome!  In the top three I think.  I was able to use Spanish (even though this is Catalunya, and the locals speak Catalan).  Barcelona is filled with art and architecture which is unlike any other city I’ve visited.  It’s quite a new city that has exploded over the past 20 years thanks to their Olympic open in 1992.
I was able to book a great hostel off Las Ramblas for only €20  a night.  My last night I decided to homeless it and actually stayed out ‘til 7am, and crashed on a fellow American traveler's couch.  The night life here is amazing, but you have to be warned that the party doesn’t even start until around 2am.  Also this effects your sleeping schedule and many people take a siesta from 3-5pm, with good reason, it’s mucho calor aqui.  I was lucky to have such a great group of people to meet and went out practically every night.  There was so much to do I booked an extra night; sort of short-changing Madrid, but what the hell?  Barcelona has everything: a beach, art, nightlife, tourist stuff, and anything done by Gaudi.  There’s also hundreds of street performers on Las Ramblas, and I made some extra cash by playing banjo: naked.  Public nudity is legal in Catalunya, so I cleared €15 in 15 minutes.  Unfortunately, I didn’t have a permit so the police kicked me out, but it was one hell of an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment