Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stockholm 6/21/10

Quite a fun trip!  I’m actually on the boat to Helsinki, for some reason, it doesn’t make much sense to write about a city before I’ve been there for a few days.  Well what to say about Stockholm.  Everyone has blonde hair.  Prices are a bit cheaper.  It’s still cold.
I actually came at an opportune time.  The princess (future queen) of Sweden was getting married, and they were celebrating by holding a big festival in Stockholm called Love Stockholm.  That was much fun.  Bands playing everywhere plus a parade where I saw the princess.  My host, however was…interesting.  He’s a mask maker and puppetmaster, so I stayed in a room full of puppets.  He is single, 61 year old man with no kids.  And in theatre.  How did I not see this one coming?  After an embarrassing conversation where he suggested we walk around the apartment naked, I felt kind of estranged from him.  In fact I was so annoyed by his habits I took a day trip to Uppsala just to avoid him.  (Nice city, though)  To give him credit he’s a badass cook and made me a Smorgasbord.
What else for Stockholm?  Saw the Erisson globe, Absolut Ice Bar, Old City, and some museums.  I don’t know if Scandinaviajust isn’t as impressive or charming, or maybe it’s me getting harder to impress.  I have much more down time now-especially on a 15 hour boat cruise to Helsinki.  Anna Karenina and my banjo keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment