Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bratislava 7/9/10

Ah Bratislava!  What to expect?  The most Americans know about Bratislava is Eurotrip (epitome of Eastern Europe) and Hostel by Eli Roth, set in Bratislava.  I didn’t plan on going but it was only one hour from Vienna, the hostel was only €10, and why the hell not?
Pretty neat, very small, some good architecture followed by much unflattering communism era buildings-usually painted pale pink.  By far my favorite thing was the free walking tour in Bratislava.  The guide knew his history well, I was very interested especially in WWII and the Slovaks role in the war.  Besides that, I did a pub crawl, which was pretty fun (85% guys though).
I tried to do like the Europeans and party until the sun comes up (then I would take the earliest train to Ljubljana, but unfortunately, I only made it to 3:30am before I fell asleep.
By the way, just watched Saw V, only one more of these shit movies to watch.  Bratislava is nice and cheap for a day or two, then I recommend moving on to bigger and better things.  This morning I was pissed--the train controllers got me and fined me €40 on the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment