Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

London 5/28/10

Last day in London.  Wonderful time.  I really got it on with my host.  Saw Dawn French, who is famous in England, saw street theatre, and a gory production of Macbeth.  (Henry VIII tickets went to waste.)  Had classic fish and chips and went to England’s olde style pubs.  Today I leave for Paris and I’m scared out of my mind.  Luckily, my host was able to book a hostel last minute at €22 for three nights.  What really set me back was reserving my train from Paris to Brussels.  Reservation charge was 24 pounds plus 8 pounds booking fee. WTF?  At this rate, I’ll be out of money by July.  Also boat rides are not included in Eurail pass.  Oops!  That’s another couple hundred.  But enough about money, I’m having an excellent time and meeting wonderful people.  London has been a wonderful experience; it’s going to be hard to top.

No comments:

Post a Comment