Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Zagreb 7/17/10

Dear Zagreb,
Sorry again I didn’t write this when I was there.  And to think, I had an eight hour train ride from you to Budapest.  Zagreb is okay, bigger than Ljubljana, and I couldn’t really get a good intimate feel of you however.  I only spent two nights in Zagreb, and the following day I went Canyoning.  What is this?  A new extreme sport where you jump, slide, and glide down a canyon.  Quite fun (and cheap, only €50).  What else for Zagreb?  I liked the Museum of Arts and Crafts, especially featuring the work of Jagoda Buic.  She does tapestries, mainly.  Other than that, not much to say about Zagreb.  Ok city, but in retrospect, maybe I should have gone to Dubronik or Split.  Eh, that’s all.
Or is it?  I almost forgot that I did Canyoning.  It’s a new extreme sport-just saw I already mentioned it. 
Now I remember, as an experiment, I decided not to book a hostel in Zagreb.  Stupid choice.  I arrived at the train station with no clue what to do.   I ended up following two guys from the UK to their hostel: Hobobear.  I also met up with some UK girls I met in Ljubljana: walked home drunk at 1:30am and realized I didn’t have a key into the hostel.  Slept on floor for a couple of hours before I broke in and climbed through the window into the kitchen.
PS. What about the awesome classical guitar concert?  I saw one there for €15.  Excellent show.

No comments:

Post a Comment