Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bern 8/17/10

True, I am very late writing about Bern, but here goes.  I arrived in the night, greeted by my extremely shy couchsurfing host.  We had a mix of sunny days and crummy overcast but that’s life.  My host, Eve, urged me to spend maybe only one day in Bern, then go to Zurich, Interlaken, or Basel.  I protested.  However, she was quite right. Bern, while being the capital was very small and quite frankly, not a whole lot to do.  Luckily for me, Buskers Bern happened to be over the weekend, so I got to see some great street artists.  Also, I learned about geocaching and orienteering.
Things to do/see in Bern: Bear Park, (live bears in Bern), Rosengarten, time clock, and the city hall, maybe Parliament (which I couldn’t get in to).  Then you’re done.  I finally took Eve’s advice and went to Interlaken and hiked a mountain.  This was fun as well but rainy weather got the best of me.  Not to mention I haven’t seen prices so high since I left Oslo.  Switzerland ain’t no joke.  I almost forgot, what’s cool about Switzerland is that they speak Swiss German or French.  Swiss German is another language as far as I’m concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment