Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hamburg 6/8/10

My first impression of Hamburg was excellent.  I had beautiful weather when I got in.  The hostel I’m staying at is very nice, and I get to see an excellent production of Woyzeck at the Thalia theatre with music by Tom Waits.  Only €10!  Hamburg is a beautiful, laid back city, full of beautiful bridges, rivers, lakes, and awesome parks.  Everyone of course speaks German, but most everyone is English-friendly.  If I ask a question in German, they will reply in German.  Yesterday I did the free walking tour (with a British guide no less) in it was a wonderful way to get to know an overview of the city plus the history.  Some personal shit hit the fan yesterday which put a damper on the mood.  That aside, groceries and beer are pretty cheap here, (which I am taking full advantage of, by the way.)
It’s getting really easy to talk to people, because we all have something in common, we are all young, and traveling.  I rarely feel lonely in a city, because I usually find people who are usually traveling alone too, and they are eager to explore with someone else as well. 
Last thing said, Hamburg is great for breaking into Germany, and what I didn’t do here, I can get back to it in Berlin a couple weeks from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment