Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Marseille 8/18/10

I must have some special attraction to France because it never fails to impress me.  Marseille is the second largest city in France and it borders the Mediterrean Sea.  The view is astounding, prices reasonably low, and the city is unique.  I have to say it’s a bit grudgier then Paris, and, depending on where you go it can be a bit dangerous, considering which neighborhood you’re in.  One fourth of the population of Marseille is North African.  Just throwing that out there…
Anyway I stayed at an excellent hostel my first two nights and the last night I couchsurfed with Diane: who was extremely nice, great cook, and I could speak French or English with her.
Marseille has some great things to offer: Vieux Port, Las Calanques, Le Panier, (pour sabon) La Canibiere, and Notre Dame de la Garde.  Marseille has a real individual feel to it which separated it from the 40 other cities I have gone to and I appreciate that.  I was getting much better at speaking French with the locals and I didn’t find any of them arrogant.  I also learned a lot from Diane about French culture in just one day.  I admire the French lifestyle and I hope to bring some of this back with me.  Especially pertaining to drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment