Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oslo 6/15/10

Oslo isn’t half bad.  A lot of what people told me about it was very correct.  It’s small, new, clean, and safe.  Maybe four days here was too much.  I’m grateful though because I pretty much wasted an entire day on the trains from Copenhagen all because I missed a connection.  I left at 8:23, didn’t get to Oslo until 21:45.  So that immediately pissed me off.  Oh, and of course it’s very expensive here, even more so than Copenhagen: yippee!
As you may know my camera bag was stolen along with the charger, so I just bought a new one here.
Back to Oslo, you can master the city in a day.  Indeed, I went on a very informal walking tour and saw most of it already.  But what you do see is beautiful.  Everything here is very new and the architecture is so modern and clean.  I love it.  Today I will try to see an Ibsen play at the Ibsen theatre, what else is cool is the Royal Palace where the king and queen live.  It’s protected by two guards, probably 19 years old, and you can practically see into the windows.  Also, when you’re in Oslo, check out the heavy metal scene.  Norway’s 3rd largest export.  Try a bar called Rock Inn.  I think I may tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment