Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Copenhagen 6/13/10

Wonderful time in Copenhagen.  Quite a different expereience from Western Europe.  It must be the most expensive city I have encountered so far, which is saying a lot considering London and Amsterdam.  But I was super cheap and actually gained 140 Kroner, or €20. 
Unfortunately, for me the weather was awful, cold and rainy almost all the time.  I spent my first two nights in a hostel, (quite nice, apparently the largest hostel in Europe) and the last two I couchsurfed with Erwan, 24 years old.  He is actually French, which I forgot, so his Danish was not great.  We conversed in English and sometimes French.  I now believe I have a good advantage over most (especially Americans) because of language use.  The German I know is helping me with the Scandinavian languages, which I cannot hear anything of what they say, French is very useful and mine is getting quite good, and Spanish which I haven’t used yet, but I will.
Quite an awesome experience yesterday because of the World Cup; I got to watch a football game between USA and England.  To be in a Danish bar that was very exciting.  Also how could I forget Christiana?  Crazy hippie town in Copenhagen.  They are essentially lawless.  Long story short, it’s getting cold, days are longer, it’s expensive, and the language is hard.  Good for me because most Scandivians speak English very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment