Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Berlin 7/2/10

What can I say about Berlin?  Beautiful city.  Gigantic.   Nine times the size of Paris.  I loved hearing about the history of the city especially.  Over 90% of Berlin was destroyed after WWII, so almost everything is new-even if it looks old.  That aside, the walking tour was very interesting, particularly the Berlin Wall.  I had no idea, that they still had parts of it.  Also, I didn’t realize how ignorant I was of the history.
Also, I went to a concentration camp-Sachenhausen, which I’m glad I did because it definitely was an experience to remember I really can’t describe it.
But I can describe the Weinerei, a place where it’s a wine buffet essentially, and you may fill your glass to your hearts content-on a donations only basis.
What else?  Majority of the museums are on a separate island aptly called Museum Island-which is free (all museums) on Thursday nights. The Pergamon is definitely the highlight there.  What else?  So much in four days I loved it.  Cheap food and beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment