Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Vienna 7/9/10

I shouldv’e written for Vienna a day or two age but, eh.  What’s to say about Vienna?  It’s big, relatively cheap, and everything is in the same architectural style: baroque.  At first it’s beautiful and grand, but it becomes excessive.
There isn’t much as far as attractions go: Schloss Schonbrunn is a beautiful royal palace where some real history went down; such as Maria Theresa and Franz Joseph, Mozart, Boneparte, and all that.  Also interesting because of the strength of the Austro-Hungarian empire.  Other than that, you’re typical beautiful big church, McDonald’s, and cafes.  Cheezy classical music souvenirs, it’s just a nice old city.
As far as food goes, however, I had a most delicious meal of weiner schnitzel, chokotart, and melange (coffee with water.)  I also went to a classical music concert which was good fun (but not great.)
As for me, a bit of a downer from Prague, also Germany lost in the semi-finals, which forced me not to go to Munich.  That’s ok though, I discovered that Bratislava is only an hour away, so I booked a hostel and stayed there for one night.  Stay tuned, I write about it.  By the way, I hit my halfway mark: 6 weeks in.  6 weeks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment