Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

London 5/26/10

I’ve been here three days and what can I say, I love it.  The weather has been beautiful, 60’s the entire time.  My first day I spent with my couchsurf host in her neighborhood, which is a very quaint part of London.  Day two we hit the city and saw Parliament, Big Ben, hell we even saw the Queen (some royal procession.)  London is beautiful, historic, and the heart of England.  It’s the political, entertainment, and tourist center.
Some bad things though, there are some public restrooms that charge you 30 pence a pee.  Ridiculous.  I will never use this.  Ever on my trip.  Also, London is damn expensive.  One pound=$1.35.  So prices are high, plus conversion, ohh boy!  Good thing I have a CS host, otherwise I wouldn’t been able to afford it.  Speaking of, I have about 50 pounds left of the original 140 pounds some I got converted back in the States.  I consider that doing pretty well.
Tonight I’m going to perform at Comedy Café some stand-up jokes. Let’s see how well that goes!  Other than that, I have a few errands to run to get my trip ready to France and Belgium.  I still don’t have a place to stay at either place. Shit.  Worst comes to worst in Paris I’ll find a monastery. 
That’s all for now, will write again before Paris if something interesting happens.
Got global SIM card to make calls abroad.  Relatively cheap, average 15 pence a minute.  Need to re-get everyone’s phone numbers.  Comedy Café tonight, couldn’t perform (late for sign-up).  Impressive show, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment