Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Athens 8/5/10

What a pleasant experience!  Athens is semi-clean, very large, and filled with ancient history.  The first day I walked around and found a hostel I saw the Partheon, and I was mesmerized.  I simply had to walk towards it. It’s so impressive to see in person it is worth all of my travels to see it.  I spent the whole day (with Markus, German guy I met in Thessaloniki) and two Norwegian girls.  We did a walking tour, which I paid €13 for, which wasn’t that great of a tour, considering it was our tour guide's first day.
Nevertheless, it’s a bit sad to pay more money, even though Greece is in a money pinch, prices are high.  However, I went to Cornith which had some beautiful beaches and not to mention Markus and I bungee jumped from the Corinth Canal (70 M high) for €60.  Words can’t describe how I felt bungee jumping.  Easily the scariest thing I’ve ever done.  It’s simply better than sex.  Other than that, Greece is OK in my book, but if you want to go to ancient Athens to see ruins, realize that it’s just that: ruins.

No comments:

Post a Comment