Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Venice 8/12/10

I unfortunately had only one night in Venice, so I had to make it last.  As luck would have it I ran into two American guys I met in Rome and I decided to go to their hotel, (which saved us all money, only €20 each).  They had nothing to do, so we all hung out together for the day.  Nice guys.  We of course got lost in Venice, (which is not so hard to do, by the way).  After wandering for a while, we came upon San Marco’s square, then on a neverending quest to find beer; we literally walked into a hostel to buy beer.  We were invited by the guests to a pier party which we graciously attended with two bottles of wine.  Wonderful night.
Oh, I failed to mention earlier, we met some other Americans (possibly a couple) and the five of us haggled ourselves a gondola ride for €14 each that night.  Venice at night in a gondola was a great choice, not so romantic with random dudes though.  Venice is so unique, I can’t believe it’s a manmade city on the water.  It’s very picturesque and it hasn’t changed since the 1500’s.
In short, Venice was great.  I had good company, a cheap hotel to sneak into, (I also stole breakfast) sort of affordable, and a fun night of drinking.
One more thing, Venice is deserted at night.  You can walk one kilometer in any direction and see virtually no one.  Also, finished Gulliver’s Travels, gave away this and the Qu’ran to the Americans and got Life of Pi.

No comments:

Post a Comment