Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Paris 5/30/10

It was a struggle getting here.  I didn’t book a hostel until the day I left London.  Luckily my London host helped and I got one for €22 a night.  I arrived at Gare du Nord without a clue (I didn’t print directions to the hostel, lesson learned.)  I called the hostel and it was okay.  By the way the public transportation is crazy here, 14 metro lines.  Hostel Auberge de Jeunesse Leo Lagrange.
Got lots done day two.  Day One I lost my train pass.  Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triumphe, Champs Elysees, et le Louvre.  Je t’aime, Paris.  I have been trying to speak French to everyone, but they automatically hear my American accent and speak English back to me.
My flatmates in the hostel are cool French-Canadian guys- I might meet up with them later.  It’s like a whole new community of people, travelers-international.  Things have been going so well.  Also, I’m okay on budget…je pense.  Buying groceries cost €10 a day.  Plus cheap beer and wine.  I drank a whole bottle of wine in one sitting my first night.  Tonight I want to see Les Miserables, Invalides, Pantheon, et Notre Dame.  Bonne chance, Philippe!

No comments:

Post a Comment