Welcome

Maybe you plan on travelling Europe? This is my personal experience and I hope it can save you time and money.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Brussels 6/1/10

Brussels is something else.  A bit more…Eastern(?) than Paris or London.  Limited metro lines, mainly use trams and buses.  Some excellent artwork, graffiti, and of course, chocolate, beer, and waffles.  I almost forgot their pommes frites!  It’s actually a bit more expensive than Paris which shocked me.  Public transportation is essentially free,  you don’t need to buy a ticket, however, if the ticket inspection people get you, you’re in trouble.  I went to the Grand Place, the heart of Old Town Brussels, took the Jacques Brel tour, the EU building, (did you know Brussels was the center of the EU?) parc du cinquaitaine, and the Atomium, an attraction close to Mini-Europe. (An amusement park featuring the best of Europe.)  I of course enjoy the beer, the public parks, and the churches are very nice as well.  I can get by with the little French I speak, pretty much everyone here speaks French (even though French and Flemish are the two national languages.)  It’s interesting because everything is written twice.  I’m not here for long, I booked my hostel only for two nights (because I’m stupid) so tomorrow I brace myself for Amsterdam.  I will be there a bit longer. (4 nights).  I will have some fun there.  In short, Brussels is great, but it’s hard to top after London and Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment